It All Begins With Your Computer

Yes, it really does begin with your computer, not your camera! If you scroll down just a little, you'll see a white box. In the white box, I've provided easy-to-follow instructions on setting up your computer... Just click 'print' and then follow the instructions for your operating system (XP or Vista). Then return here!

Where Do I Begin? - Print This First! Then Follow Along

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Linda's List of 'Why I Went Digital'

My good friend and fellow 'Creative Memories past unit leader,' Linda, went digital with her albums awhile ago. I asked her to give me her reasons for making the change! Thanks, Linda!

-Faster!
-Can look professional or very artsy-craftsy – your choice.
-My husband loves it – no mess!!
-Seriously – when you are finished, all you do is walk away from your computer.
-Make one album; share with many; easily duplicated. How many times have you made an album to give away – then later wished you had a copy for yourself? Copies are free if kept digitally; or only the cost of the book if you reproduce it – but NO EXTRA TIME is involved!

-Less expensive.
-There’s sooo much digital “stuff” available – and it’s all reusable!
-Digital “stuff” is usually less expensive than paper “stuff” – AND (did I say) it’s re-usable?
-There is a wealth of free “stuff” available online!!
-Make a page for one child; change out some pictures and have a page for another child.
-Never run out of adhesive at midnight!
-Never come up short on a particular paper!
-No storage space needed for supplies. No cost for storage containers!
-Easier to organize “supplies” and so easy to find what you want.
-Can resize photos to fit page: need it bigger - no problem; need it smaller but really don’t want to crop out Aunt Suzie – no problem!!

-Photos can be enhanced, edited, cropped, shaped.
-I love the fact that when I’m doing a digital page, if I decide I want to add another photo, I can do it NOW; I don’t have to wait to have another photo printed.
-No photo printing expense. No leftover photos not in books (unless, of course, you choose to print some to have on hand!).
-Easy to add text; easy to correct errors and space the text on a page.
-Ability to include more journaling than when handwriting it.
-More font options for journaling; many even look like they are handwritten! Can you write 40 or 100 or 200 different ways?

-More book options, including professionally bound books that take up less space on your bookshelf.
-If you see a paper you just have to have, buy one sheet, scan it, save it, use it 100 times!!
-I thought I might miss the “creative outlet” I had with paper scrapping - no paper, stickers, die cuts, etc., - horrors!! - but I find I can be even more creative with digital than paper.

-I can shop for paper, page kits, etc., 24/7; all are downloadable; I receive them within seconds – talk about instant gratification!
-Scrap anywhere!! Very portable – just take a laptop and you have it all – photos, supplies, and pages just waiting to be created!

Less time, less mess, less money. . . .
More flexibility. . . .
Easy to share. . . .

1 comment:

  1. I love Linda's list! So true! I am hoping to get myself started. I have all my pictures on the computer, now comes the organizing part. Then what software program to use, where to find the "fun" stuff for my scrapbooks.... I love this blog Lorie! Thanks for sharing your wisdom! Theresa

    ReplyDelete