It All Begins With Your Computer

Yes, it really does begin with your computer, not your camera! If you scroll down just a little, you'll see a white box. In the white box, I've provided easy-to-follow instructions on setting up your computer... Just click 'print' and then follow the instructions for your operating system (XP or Vista). Then return here!

Where Do I Begin? - Print This First! Then Follow Along

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where Do I Begin

Did you know:

Over 25 million people in the US alone consider themselves to be scrapbookers.

Almost 30% of all households have at least one family member who scrapbooks.

Americans take over 30 billion photos per year. Where are all those pictures?


So, why is this site helpful!? Most people I talk to WANT to have their photos displayed in albums - or at the very least - moved from the camera to the computer! They just don't know where to begin.


I believe in simplicity. I can honestly say that that my albums have been 'current' for 38 years! How did I do this while raising a family and working on the side?


Here's my secret:

I found methods that were simple and easy to follow.

I was willing to change methods when something easier and/or better came along.

I listened to others whose ideas could save me time and money



I have used every kind of scrapbook ever invented from the old 'tied-together-with-a-string' kind with photo corners and rubber cement, and the albums where you peeled back that plastic sheet and stuck your photos on pre-glued pages, to wonderful Creative Memories paper/scissor style albums in the 90's and early 2000's to the fairly new digital albums offered. 


I have designed and completed digital albums using companies such as: Fotofusion, Shutterly, Winkflash, Creative Memories, Photoshop, Photoshop's Lightroom, Portrait Professional, Wacom Tablets, Lustrecolor, Heritage Makers, Digital Scrapbook Place, and am now giving Polaroid's My Memories Suite a try. 


They all have wonderful elements to them and I use these companies for different reasons as you'll see as you work your way through this website.


If you've never 'scrapbooked' before, I hope you'll give it a try! I would love to hear from you and post your thoughts on the website for others to learn from! If you've tried something and love it, let me know! I would love to see your completed pages as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment