It All Begins With Your Computer

Yes, it really does begin with your computer, not your camera! If you scroll down just a little, you'll see a white box. In the white box, I've provided easy-to-follow instructions on setting up your computer... Just click 'print' and then follow the instructions for your operating system (XP or Vista). Then return here!

Where Do I Begin? - Print This First! Then Follow Along

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

COOL LIGHTROOM FILTERS!





As you notice while looking through my photography blog, I love to throw in an occasional 'filter', black and white, aged photo, hanne-split tone, etc. These are are available for free from the following sites:

Adobe Killer Tips for Lightroom

Presets from Jack Davis

Directions for downloading and installing in Lightroom are included on the Killer Tip site. If you have problems, please email me!

You can also Google, 'presets for lightroom' and see what comes up. These are constantly changing and most are free. I saw a photo that my daughter, Tiffany, had used a preset on and I didn't recognize the filter! What? I know ALL the filters! Well, I hadn't been on the Killer Tips site for a while and there were tons of new cool filters to try.

A few words of caution:

* You can overdo it with filters. Don't filter EVERYTHING!
* Not all filters work with every photo
* Always make a copy of the photo you're working on (right click on the photo and click on 'create virtual copy') and THEN use a filter!


My favorite filters:

*Aged Photo (great for almost any photo)
*Black and White - High Contrast
*Matt's Summer Haze - (great for beach shots)
*Glow -(softens the focus)
*300 - (Awesome on photos using stone and one or two colors...think bridal gown set against stone or wood)
*Hanne-split tone - (wonderful for photos with lots of blues or a portrait of someone with blue eyes.) This filter blows out the whites a little, so you'll have to use the recover slider on the right to bring them back.
*Sin City -(great if there's lots of red and no much else in the photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment